
Sarah started back to school today. Yes, Minnesotans don't start school until after Labor Day (It's the law).
Sarah is now in 7th grade and is at St. Peter Middle and High School which is grades 7 - 12. She will have a pretty busy schedule this year with advanced English, Pre-Algebra, Science, Band, Choir, French, Geography and a bunch more that I can't remember right now. The school also had a party to welcome the kids back so it was an abbreviated schedule for the day, but that is a story better told by Sarah herself.
She's also on the swim team and has her first meet on Thurs.
I guess that's it for Day 1, Grade 7 (in the condensed dad version which I'm told is kind of boring).
Here's what I added: Sarah had a good first day. And that's good for me because I was a little concerned that she might feel overwhelmed by it all. But she was a trooper, as always. The kids were even given an impromptu party at the end of the day to celebrate the beginning of the year (by the parent organization, I think). They got root beer floats and beach balls to toss around and a band playing in the gym. Middle schoolers and high schoolers mixing together. All in all, it sounds like an enthusiastic start to the new school year.
M.
No comments:
Post a Comment