Wednesday, June 11, 2008

a rainy start to June

Well, Jonathan is busy this week, so Sarah and I are holding down the fort. The rain just seems to keep coming. So far the garden has held up against the sometimes torrent. And so far we've kept up with the weeds. But I guess that might be due to the beginning of the season excited-and-dutiful-gardener syndrome. Apathy toward weeding tends to set in for all but the most diligent gardener by late July.

Sarah's been keeping herself busy despite the rain. She has two good friend who live across the street from each other, although they are in a different part of town than we are. So she rides her bike over and the girls hang out, shifting from one side of the street to the other depending on whim...and on who has a parent at home! Fortunately, one of the girls has a heated in-ground pool, which is quite the treat for a homeowner in Minnesota. So even if it is a little chilly and rainy the girls are splashing and playing games without the goose bumps.

It's hard to believe how fast the summer is progressing. I just want to stretch it out, like watching someone pulling taffy, to enjoy every warm ray of the sun. It seems to end too quickly. But I can't dwell on that. Enjoy each day (that doesn't require a coat!) as it comes.

1 comment:

Gigi said...

I am glad you guys are diligent weeders- our weeding apathy seems to have settled in from day one this year, maybe now that school is finally calming down, we can get out there!